To insure that you receive the level and type of care most appropriate to thier needs, the criteria below will be used in determining eligibility for admission and / or re-admission to the Bali Women’s Lighthouse.
Participation in The Bali Women’s Lighthouse program is voluntary. Potential clients will need to meet the criteria below to be admitted – if you have any questions regarding admission, contact us.
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Be able to utilize ordinary facilities (stairs, etc.). Unfortunately, we are unable to accept clients with severe physical handicaps, but can offer referrals to other providers.
- Be able to perform basic self-help activities including eating, grooming and maintaining a reasonable state of orderliness and cleanliness in your surroundings.
- Be able to recognize danger or a threat to personal safety.
- Agree to comply with the suggestions of medical professionals, if deemed appropriate, and participate in the planning of, and participation in, an appropriate and enjoyable treatment plan.
- Priority will be given to individuals leaving incarceration, as well as women with infants
The Bali Women’s Lighthouse is privileged and honored to work not only with alcoholics and addicts, but also with family members, providing programs and services to those who are willing. Research shows that with proper treatment and support, lasting family recovery has become a reality for millions of people around the world.
Making A Meaningful Impact
Here at The Lighthouse Bali, we are firm believers that alcoholism and drug addiction fall under the category of “disease” rather than disability; it is not a failure of will power or strength of character. With this in mind, we believe the most effective way to manage the disease of addiction is to treat it as a health care issue.